firstname.lastname@example.org (435) 602-9165 www.linkedin.com/in/jakehaws
Master of Business Administration, MarketingMay 2012
University of Utah, David Eccles School of Business, Salt Lake City, UT
- Graduate Assistantship with the School of Business Masters Program Admissions Office.
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, Advertising (Creative) August 2008 Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- Additional Major: Sound Recording Technology, Minor: Advertising Design.
- Advertising "Ad Lab" clients: Fox, San Francisco Opera, Electronic Arts.
Senior Media AnalystMay 2011-March 2012
Raw Data, Salt Lake City, UT
Led analyst team in developing media analytics and survey reports.
- Identified trends and provided marketing insights for broadcasters and advertisers such as Clear Channel, Cumulus, KSL, and several Utah based ad agencies.
- Increased number of panelists by 30% through targeted social media and other online advertising campaigns.
- Guided KSL in web content strategy through analyzing survey and observed behavior data, adding marketing intelligence to Media Directors.
- Managed and revised panel demographic information through CRM software.
Muse Music Cafe & Recording Studio, Provo, UT
Managed all aspects of company including marketing, advertising and promotion.
- Increased profits and sold business for a 3x return by developing new streams of income including cafe and recording studio.
- Increased average concert attendance by over 50% through advertising and promotion campaigns including email newsletters, press releases, social networking websites, and online advertisements.
- Established contact lists and strong communication lines with artists resulting in 20% fewer canceled concerts, higher rate of return performances, and increased good will.
- Organized and promoted over 1000 events and recorded over 100 artists.
Global Marketing Intern June-August 2008
Sony Music Entertainment, New York, NY
Assisted global marketing team with promotional campaigns.
- Improved the speed of information flow and executive decision making by researching, monitoring, and reporting global sales performances and best practices.
- Researched extensive report for Sr. VP of Marketing on emerging "360 contracts" trend.
- Contributed marketing ideas to campaigns for Alicia Keys, Pink, and The Ting Tings.
- Assembled potential track list for 2010 World Cup Soundtrack using demographic information to enhance marketability.
Sound Engineer 2007-2008
LDS Motion Picture Studio, Provo, UT
- Edited, mixed, and recorded sound for film and speech recordings.
- Organized and assembled $50K of recording equipment for expanded studio space.
SKILLS AND ACTIVITIES
- Fluent with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Adobe SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office (advanced Excel, Power Point, Access, Word), SPSS, Pro Tools, HTML, and SQL.
- Raised $1400 for Ugandan refugees by organizing & promoting Invisible Children Concert.
- Boy Scouts of America - Eagle Scout and Merit Badge Counselor.
- Served as church representative for 2 years, giving community service in New York City.
- Donated recording services and use of facilities to multiple causes and organizations.